The third largest airport in Denmark is located in Aalborg and connects the city with mainly Copenhagen, Scandinavian capitals and other European cities. Although it has only one terminal, it offers both domestic and international flights to 12 cities.
Some flights, naturally, are more frequent than others. As a rule, 315 international flights leave the airport weekly. The most common airlines flying to and from Aalborg airport are Air Finland, Lufthansa, German Airlines, British Aireways, SAS, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Sterling and others.
Although driving to Aalborg is much more enjoyable because of the nature, flights are much quicker. If you have committed to save during the trip, there are many affordable deals for flights from Copenhagen to Aalborg. The prices range from 40 Euros to 150 Euros, depending on the season of your travel and the airline. The flight is non-stop and takes only 45 minutes.
Airport’s main connections are with Copenhagen and Amsterdam with at least 4 and 45 daily flights, respectively. This makes it easier to visit Hamburg on a regular basis if you do business. It also has connections with London (England), Oslo (Norway), Helsinki (Finland), Malaga (Spain), Crete (Greece), the Faroe Islands, and so on.
It is much more convenient to plan your trip to Aalborg via Copenhagen or Scandinavian capitals to have a broader choice of time and price.
The facilities of the airport include free Wi-Fi, an Airport Taxi system, a special play-room for children, an ATM machine, a conference room, a Travel Shop, 3 cafes and restaurants. The Aalborg airport is open from 6 am to 11:30 pm. The duty free shop is open during the international incoming and outgoing flights.
Getting to the City
The parking space for cars is decently big, having the capability to accommodate over 2000 vehicles. Long term parking costs 7 DKK (1 € per hour), 50 DKK (7 € per day), and 200 DKK (27 € per week). Car rentals like Prefix, AVIS, Europcar, and Hertz are available at the airport.
The airport is not far away from the Aalborg city center, only 10 minutes. You can either take a taxi or public transport (particularly buses number 2A and 22). The bus ticket is 14 DKK (2 €) and it sets off every 15 minutes.
There is also a railway station right inside the airport. Taking a taxi will be a little more pricey, 140 DKK (19 €) but will take less time to get to the city, less than 10 minutes.
- Terminals – 1
- Most frequent connections – Copenhagen (24 flights) and Amsterdam (4 flights)
- Connections – London (England), Oslo (Norway), Helsinki (Finland), Malaga (Spain), Crete (Greece), the Faroe Islands, etc.
- Airlines – Air Finland, Lufthansa, German Airlines, British Aireways, SAS, Nowegian Air Shuttle, Sterling, etc.
- Aalborg – Copenhagen ticket price – 40 Euro to 150 Euro
- Aalborg – Copenhagen flight duration – 45 minutes (non-stop)
- Facilities – Wi-Fi, Airport Taxi system, special play-room for children, ATM machine, conference room, Travel Shop, 3 cafes and restaurants
- Parking – 7 DKK (1 € per hour), 50 DKK (7 € per day), 200 DKK (27 € per week).
- Car rentals – Prefix, AVIS, Europcar, Hertz
- Bus to the city – 14 DKK (2 €) (# 2A and 22)
- Taxi to the city – 140 DKK (19 €)